The kitchen assistant’s primary role is to prepare ice cream base made from scratch, bake cookies, churn ice cream and prepare other food products as necessary. This includes following recipes, by measuring out ingredients and ensuring ice cream bases are heated to the appropriate temperature. This person will follow all Food Safe standards and must be able to work independently.
- Prepares ice cream base by following recipes accurately, understanding volumetric measurements
- Ensures quality control of all food products
- Measures and bakes cookies
- Churns ice cream and store appropriately
- Follows Food Safe standards to reduce cross contamination
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes thoroughly
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Receives and verifies correct inventory from suppliers, as necessary
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Previous kitchen experience required
- Minimum Food Safe Level 1 required or willingness to acquire before start date
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to stand on feet for long periods
- Flexible schedule and able to work early mornings and weekends
This is a part-time position starting at $15.00/hour.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kitchen Assistant” in the subject line. Please indicate on your resume your availability.