Part-Time Ice Cream Attendant (Seasonal)
We are a small, family run ice cream shop on Main street and are looking for staff to join the Buckets family!
The ice cream attendant’s role is to ensure that each and every customer is served in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. This includes greeting customers, processing customer orders through the POS system, and fulfilling customer orders including making ice cream with liquid nitrogen, scooping ice cream, and serving beverages. This person will process customer transactions, resolve customer issues, and complete necessary cleaning tasks.
- Greet all customers in a friendly and welcoming manner and contribute to a family friendly environment
- Explain to customers the advantages of using liquid nitrogen to make ice cream
- Operate POS system and handle cash, credit/debit cards to process orders
- Prepare and serve ice cream orders using mixers and liquid nitrogen
- Address customer issues/complaints if they arise, take necessary steps to correct them and inform management
- Re-stock cups, napkins and other supplies and equipment as necessary
- Wipe counters, tables and serving surfaces throughout the shift
- Check cleanliness of bathroom
- Strong team player by supporting other staff and management as needed
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Previous customer service and food service experience preferred
- Food Safe preferred
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- Able to stand on feet for long periods
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends
This is a seasonal position from March to September, with the possibility of extension.